Employee assistance programmes (EAP)
Increase productivity in your workplace.
Organisations lose about 14 percent of their workdays each year due to employee health issues. Reducing just one health risk can increase an employee’s productivity by 9 per cent and cut absenteeism by 2 per cent.*
Employee assistance programmes (EAP) provide counselling services to help employees manage personal and work-based issues affecting performance. These programmes foster a healthier, happier workplace, with reduced absenteeism and improved productivity.
OptumTM EAPs offer counselling sessions by phone, Internet or face-to-face communication, enabling employees to speak to a professional counsellor through their preferred medium. Optum provides immediate assistance to those needing urgent help right away to deal with personal or workplace crises.
An Optum EAP offers:
- Experience. We have 40 years of global EAP experience, with more than eight years in India. We manage a diverse range of Indian clients — from national and global corporations to small businesses and local institutions.
- Immediate response services. We have managed more than 3,000 critical incidents for Indian businesses. During these incidents, we send counsellors on site to provide counselling and stabilise the situation.
- 24/7 accessibility. With more than 250 network providers across India and access to a global network, employees can access quality counselling wherever they are located.
- Senior leadership support. Optum supports senior leaders and managers through our management consultation and referral service — a phone service staffed by experienced clinicians who have previously worked in senior business roles and understand the challenges senior staff face.
- Ease of access and immediate support. We employ in-house practicing psychologists — all of whom hold at least a master’s degree — to answer phone calls and provide support 24/7. Our state-of-the-art service centre in Bangalore has modern IP telephony, allowing multiple calls per toll-free line. This technology helps ensure that every call is answered and support provided without need of a call-back.
Optum employee assistance programmes include:
- Member portal. Each employee has 24/7 access to an online portal providing comprehensive information on mental and physical health and well-being, online services and screeners to help them stay healthy.
- Dedicated account management team. A dedicated account management team helps clients manage and maximise their employee assistance programme.
- Confidentiality. Our services are completely confidential. To ensure that colleagues don’t run into each other, we book their appointments for times that don’t overlap.
Optum employee assistance programmes have numerous benefits, which help you:
- Manage employee well-being. Nearly half of all adults will experience a mental disorder at some point in their lives. One in five of your employees will experience a mental disorder every year. Investing in an employee assistance programme can make a significant impact on the health of your workforce.
- Reduce absenteeism. Healthier employees are more productive because they take less time off from work.
- Retain staff. A benefits package including an employee assistance programme helps attract and retain the brightest staff.
Optum provides employee assistance programmes to a large number of well-known organisations across a diverse range of industries in locations across India and globally.*Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER)