Population health management solutions
Our population health management solutions enable you to identify high-risk patients and administer preventive care services.
In India, paediatric malnutrition, a high maternal mortality rate and an increase in non-communicable diseases create a large at-risk population in need of continuous health management. Effective population health management (PHM) in such a scenario requires health care systems to move from a reactive mode to a proactive care delivery model.
Optum supports government, health care providers, health care insurance companies and large employers committed to improving population health. We bring a deep understanding of India’s unique health needs and the experience we’ve gained from our mature population health management product, Optum OneTM, in the United States. This enables us to deliver such advanced population health management services as health analytics, health risk stratification, care pathways, patient engagement, chronic disease management and care coordination.
Categories of care
Optum population health management services work seamlessly across analytics, operations and technology. We offer:
- Child health. One in three of the world’s malnourished children live in India. We support risk assessment, including malnutrition, gastroenteritis, anaemia, dental caries and refraction error, for high-risk children so they can be enrolled in appropriate health management programmes with personalised care and interventions.
- Non-communicable diseases. Cardiovascular disease (24 per cent), cancer (6 per cent) and diabetes (2 per cent) are the leading causes of death in India. We offer risk assessments for individuals over age 40 across such diseases as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, asthma, stroke and cancer. Our preventive disease management services include diet, lifestyle and other interventions.
- Maternal health management. Anaemia affects 90 per cent of Indian adolescent girls and is one of the leading causes of maternal death. We help identify anaemic adolescent girls and potential mothers in time to enact preventive care management.
Optum population health management solutions are built on a comprehensive and robust technology foundation that leverages our experience in health management and health care technology to deliver the following benefits:
- Actionable clinical insights. Our cloud-based analytics engine offers an integrated view of clinical and claims data to help you uncover trends in health utilisation and outcomes. Statistical modelling of population health information also provides significant insights for planning public health initiatives and research.
- Predictive care management. Our health risk assessment services help you identify high-risk patients and reduce preventable costs by understanding unmet needs and clinical risk factors. You can reach out to at-risk patients and use data to continuously improve work process and care coordination. Our predictive care management services also help you provide follow-up services for high-risk, medically complex patients.
- Health care cost reduction. Proactive health management of the at-risk population reduces the number of acute care episodes, resulting in cost savings.
- Improved quality of life. Disease management through preventive care helps improve health care outcomes and quality of life across the population.
Contact us today to learn how our population health management solutions can help you provide proactive care management and improve population health.